Every office building you visit, you will definitely find a fire extinguisher machine on every floor placed near the exit. But just having an extinguisher won’t help, if you or your employees are not properly trained to use it.
Using an extinguisher may seem easy as you see in the movies but in reality, it is not. Therefore, training your employees to use an extinguisher can prove to be really beneficial. Many of the big offices do arrange for fire escape programs where they even train you to use an extinguisher. An effective training session can cover more than just the basics. Moreover, this is required for the safety of your office property and your employees. Therefore, you shouldn’t take it for granted.
Importance of Fire Extinguisher Training for employees
A fire extinguisher training program can provide your employees with valuable information which they otherwise wouldn’t know. The importance of such a program can be summed into the following pointers.
1. A fire extinguisher training program can provide your employees with important information about an extinguisher. The training program should cover all the basics of using an extinguisher.
2. Your employees will feel more confident after receiving the training. They will know better how to function in such emergency situations.
3. The training will also make them smart about using an extinguisher. For example, they will learn to understand the pictographs on the extinguisher. This will help them to determine if they are using the right extinguisher to put out the fire or not.
4. Arranging for this simple program can prove to be really beneficial in a time of emergencies. To put in other words, it can save a lot of damage from happing as your employees will know how to act quickly in such situations.
5. This kind of fire training program will also teach your employees how to use an extinguisher. For example, how to pull the pin, aim the fire or press the trigger. Knowing all these basics is very important if you are to use a fire extinguisher.
6. When you have trained employees, you don’t have to worry about them getting hurt while putting out a fire or using an extinguisher. They will know what to do and how to do.
7. This fire training can also prove to be of help for the employees in their personal lives outside the office. If they are given the training to operate an extinguisher, they will be able to operate it anywhere outside as well.
Thus, you can see the number of benefits you can get from a fire extinguisher training program. If you haven’t thought of it yet, this is the time you get serious about it. This is to be done for everyone’s safety in the workplace.
Fire training programs are really important, you never know when your training may come in handy. This can actually save lives and prevent massive damages from taking place. it only takes a day or two to complete the training.