Purchasing the right couch is one of the most difficult choices because it is an important investment and it is going to represent your living space. In order to make the right decision, there are various things that you will have to keep in mind. So here are the 5 golden rules that everyone must follow whenever they are purchasing a couch.
- Try it: Most of the average couch will have a seat depth of 30 cm diameter and it will provide you with enough space where you can keep your long legs. Before you are picking any couch it is very important to analyse the seat depth and check whether it will provide you with the perfect back support and optimum comfort or not. When you’re considering the height of the seat most of the designs will have a structure between 45cm 250 cm. There is no specific right or right height so make sure you are sitting on the couch in order to see whether you are comfortable with the height, total width and see if you can stretch out properly or not.
- Good frame: Always invest in a good quality frame because it is going to serve you for a long time. Most of the manufacturers will offer you with the lifetime guarantee, but make sure that you have proper papers to prove that. Always try to opt for the frame that is made up of solid hardwood but make sure you are checking the metal construction and the particleboard construction as well.
- Cushions: Check the cushions very precisely because it is one of the most important parts of having comfort. Always try to opt for the cushions that are filled with feathers, but you will have to provide the regular plumping. If you purchase the fibre and foam filling then it will easily lose its shape or flatten out. Always pick the combination of foam and feathers as it will provide the squish. Have the combination of feather filled cushions and seat cushion that is filled with fibre or foam.
- Fabric: Bald colour, neutral and pattern are some of the popular choices. One can opt for the upholstery as well as it will make the living space look more magnificent. Under the impact of strong sunlight, the natural material will easily fade away so always try to opt for the synthetic fibre if you are placing the couch near the window.
- Measure up: Use the measuring tape to check all the dimensions of the couch. Make sure that it can cater to your preference. Check the dimension of the stairways and doors from where the couch will pass during delivery. One can opt for the lower back styled couch for limited space. The couch with modular design and removable legs would be the ideal choice.
These are the five golden rules that you will have to follow if you want to purchase the perfect set of couch NZ.